TEV

With the problem the unit has, I would have expected the subcool to be higher than 7 deg. Also maybe the amps to be slightly higher with a 295 head. I have never had the fun of fixing one of those systems. I helped a former co-worker diagnose one, but he had the pleasure of repairing it. I know how I would fix one, assuming it was out of warranty. Put in regular feeders and either a piston or TXV. Make it more like a normal system than a Carrier corp abortion. What size is that unit? From the 19 RLA on the comp, sounds like about 4 ton, assuming it is 230 single phase. Larry

Reply to
lp13-30

18 RLA 3-ton / 230 / 1ph 97 model, so no warranty.
Reply to
<kjpro