PAX Scientific (www.paxscientific.com), located in San Rafael, CA
(soon to be Napa, CA), a pioneer and leader in the engineering field
of biomimicry - adapting nature's design efficiencies to technology,
is a growing company seeking a dynamic, well-rounded Senior Mechanical
Engineer to apply a major advance in fluid dynamics to new product
development for refrigeration systems.
The Senior Engineer will be responsible for developing and testing
design solutions for a variety of air conditioning and refrigeration
products. The individual will have strong experience with research
and development. Due to the nature of working in a small organization
the individual will have a broad range of responsibilities.
* Combine knowledge and experience developing industry standard
products with PAX's innovative biomimicry-based geometries to develop
and optimize best in class air conditioning and refrigeration
Lead, in consultation with PAX's Chief Technology Officer, Director
of Engineering, and core research team, the future direction of air
conditioning and refrigeration programs.
* Conduct research and development in the full range of air
conditioning and refrigeration solutions.
In conjunction with the Director of Engineering, establish
milestones and monitor progress of projects, and confer with client
project engineers to ensure that development is progressing according
to schedule and within budgetary guidelines.
* Confer with Business Development Department on technology transfer
and client issues.
Work with Business Development Managers to implement technology
transfer to support commercial license execution.
* A positive, can-do attitude and willingness to work as a team player
Master's degree in mechanical engineering with a focus on fluid
dynamics, heat transfer, or thermodynamics required.
* 10+ years experience in R&D for air conditioning or refrigeration
Familiarity with rigorous testing standards and hands-on testing.
* Proficiency with CAD software. (SolidWorks preferable.)
Experience with developing test software. (Labview preferable.)
* Experience with Design of Experiments (DOE) techniques.
Excellent project leadership skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent technical, conceptual, and analytical skills.
* Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals.
Those interested in being considered for this opportunity are invited
to email resumes to: Gary Jong at firstname.lastname@example.org. All responses
will be handled promptly and managed professionally.