scroll compressor

The service guy replaced my start capacitor on my 31/2 ton heat pump. I noticed 2 days after he did that the new outside fan would quit after about 20min of running but the scroll compressor would still run and the high and low side lines would get very hot. I called them back over and he found when he put the start capacitor he had reversed the wire on something. He put it the right way and everything stays running right again. Here is my question, it ran like 2 days with the outside fan stopping and compressor still running could that have burnt the Freon? It seems to run a long time getting to 69 F at 32 F outside now and always kept it at about 69 when it was 15F outside for the last 5 years. It has not gone down to 15 yet so I'm not sure how it will do now. It may just be me thinking its not working as good knowing it ran 2 days with no outside fan and lines getting very hot. I did take it off heat pump as soon as I noticed the fan not running. Could it have burned the Freon or would the compressor kick out on heat before it did that. Oddly even when the outside fan was not working it did keep it around

69f inside just ran a long time I just happen to go out and see frost all over the unit and no fan bur running compressor, at first I thought defrost mode but after 30min I knew it was not that and shut it down and called them back. Thanks for any info on if it could have hurt my compressor or Freon.
Reply to
joe

Yes, It could have damaged it severly. I would have him come back and replace both your indoor and outdoor unit. Dont forget the thermostat. While he is at it, maybe he could remodel your kitchen. Tell him your car has been making noise now to so he can replace that also. I nice trip to Hawaii might be a nice gesture for him to throw in with that package just to make sure you are completly satisfied. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

snipped-for-privacy@me.aaa posted for all of us...

May as well get your 'roids fixed too!

Reply to
Tekkie®

A few years ago this group was really good for helping out with questions, now it seems no more real hvac people in here. I guess you get what you pay for........

Reply to
joe

A few years ago this group was really good for helping out with questions, now it seems no more real hvac people in here. I guess you get what you pay for........

Reply to
joe

Sooo? It is all your fault,because your such a cheap bastard? Ok...

Reply to
American Eagle

You have a bad stutter there. Joe.

Reply to
Alexander

The refrigerent?.... No.

Reply to
zero

Did it start to go down, after Turtle fell off a ladder and hurt himself?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

No, you freak this is the hvac group but it looks like people like you have takin over. No wonder the real hvac people that liked to help all left and went to the moderated website groups, to keep the freaks out. Your post wont be looked at again, your blocked until like most freaks use a different name, your all alike.

Reply to
joe

Its a newsgroup you idiot! Nobody asked you to read or post here. Obviously I hit the nail on the head with that Cheap bastard shot. As for taking over.. Not so. Aye bin one of the pioneers here. A plank holder if you would. Now eat my shorts sonny.

Reply to
American Eagle