Rough Ballpark Costs For Mini Split Installation in California?

I'd like to get a mini split a/c unit installed in my insulated 2 car garge with western exposure that will be capable of cooling the area to at least into the mid 80's on a 100+ degree day. It doesn't have to make the garage cold, just cool and dehumidify it enough so no one will get heat stroke while using it as a gym. I tried a dehumidifier to keep it from getting steamy with slippery floors, but the dehumifier created more heat, making it umbearable on a hot day.

I can look up costs of the a/c units online and see some 12,000 BTU units in the 700-$900 range, but I have no idea how much it should cost to install and setup the unit. I'd like to get the interior piece installed about 6 feet high, but have the exterior unit mounted on the same, but much lower so it's not visible over the fence line. The wall is finished drywall inside and stucco outside.

What whould ballpark installation costs be? Would building permits be needed and would any 115 volt units be good enough to do the job? Installing a 220 line will probably cost too much if it is even possible based on the the location of the garage in relation to the location of the electrical box.

Reply to
rosevilleca

first wrong newsgroup second you need to call someone local because this is a worldwide newsgroup. third what ever you think to say. Don't. We've heard it and frankly don't give a damn.

Reply to
Bill

I'd love the chance to quote on this- roughly £500.00 + travel and expenses. Done in a day but can't help you with local codes or permits etc

Cheers

Richard

Reply to
r.bartlett