Riello 40 and RF interference with ignitor

Hello, all...

I have a brand-new Solaia/Riello 40 that is probably getting shut off by my amateur radio transmissions. The burner always will take off if I reset the red button.. So far I have grounded the burner, control box and furnace cover, and have put ferrite beads on all the external wiring. Anyone else have this sort of problem, and did you FIX it?

Reply to
geo-in-md

Are you using the proper ferrite beads?

The nozzle size determines the proper ones to use....

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

ROTFL! I'm imagining this GIANT home-brew transmission station. If your burner fails every time you key-up,,, check for Line side voltage drop at the burner. It shouldn't drop at all.

-zero

Reply to
-zero

Is the interference band or frequency specific?? if so, what bands are suspect?? Are you running an amp?? What rig?? is everything in the shack properly grounded?? are you having any RFI problems with anything else?? Do you have access to a spectrum analyzer?? Need a lot more information.

de n6ojn

Reply to
Noon-Air

what bands are you running ? pep??? voltage drop at unit when you transmit ???? there are so many things that could cause this , need more info

73's De N9RZD

geo->Hello, all...

Reply to
The Freon Cowboy

"Is the interference band or frequency specific?? if so, what bands are suspect?? Are you running an amp?? What rig?? is everything in the shack properly grounded?? are you having any RFI problems with anything else?? Do you have access to a spectrum analyzer?? Need a lot more information.

de n6ojn"

Ditto , de N9RZD

"No

Reply to