AQUASTAT CHOICE

Hi All,

I have a Weil McLain boiler without domestic hot water. It has a Honeywell L8148A-1157 aquastat controller on it. It is going bad and intermittantly, I have to give it a love tap to get the burner & circulator running. Sometimes they also drop out when they shouldn't. My burner contract does not cover 8 series Honeywell controllers, so I am looking for a replacement, but the only thing on Honeywell's web site is an L8148A-1017. There are a few L8148A-1090 units on Ebay that are brand new and will probably go for less than $40, but both of these appear to be horizontally mounted units.

I need a unit that mounts vertically, so it will fit properly and so the original wiring (BX cable) will reach--the 1017 & 1090 units appear to mount horizontally--the cover Honeywell logo is right side up when the box is mounted horizontally. If I get a horizontal unit, where will the clamp screw be if I mount the unit vertically--will it be on a short end or on a wide end ??? Does it matter if the clamp is on the bottom as it is now or if it's on the side ??? I cannot find any data on the 1090 or 1157 units--does the current 1017 unit replace them both ???

Thanks,

RON

*************************************************************** Ron Goldstein.....KA2IIA STAY YOUNG---DRIVE A VINTAGE 427 CORVETTE. KEEP YOUR MIND ACTIVE---BECOME AN AMATEUR RADIO OPERATOR. REMEMBER, THERE ARE NO STRANGERS IN AMATEUR RADIO, ONLY FRIENDS THAT WE HAVE NOT YET MET. snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net****** snipped-for-privacy@arrl.net
Reply to
Ron Goldstein

Ron,

They are not mercury based. Doesn't matter if they go horizontal or vertical. It's simply the little tag that's on it.

-Brian

Reply to
Brian V