Radiant Catalytic Ionization ????

Does anyone have any experience with one of these duct mounted devices. The Fresh Air model by Quest International was originally developed as a Free Standing Unit, and the independent research of this device actually showed high levels of Ozone production (.05 ppm). The one I am questioning about is the duct mounted model called the Ductworx or something like that. It is supposed to be mounted in the supply plenum, and only produces negligible amounts of O3.

I still believe that the Sanuvox R1500-4000 is the best residential UV system on the market. What I liked about this other device is that it supposedly disperses products that actually clean objects in the conditioned air, downstream duct work and insulation, rather than what just enters the return plenum.

I have read the Kansas State tests and believe this claim of theirs, but I can find no conclusive evidence of this duct mounted device producing or not producing toxic levels of Ozone. I have seen and believe the other testing of their free standing device does produce too much ozone.

I have spent the last two days researching this and cannot find anything. Does anyone else have anything to contribute to this. PLEASE NO SALES RHETORIC.

They claim to use a UVX spectrum of UV light. There is no such spectrum. It is a luminescence tester, or a Homogenized Radiation System operating in the 360 - 380 nm, that is all I could find out about other than some vacuum cleaner claims to use it to sanitize floors ( more BS I am sure)

I had the salesmen in my office the other day, and I like the product, but do not want to install it if it is a high ozone producing device. They are wholesaling for about $350. He was also pushing a device called the Power Shaver, it reduces energy consumption of any motor (not VS) in your home and can be hooked up to your electrical panel and it will be effective at reducing the energy consumption of any motor in your home, i.e. blower motors, washing machines, fans. I have done no research on it yet, but saw the demonstration and I'll be damned if it didn't drop consumption by about

30%. It might be snake oil, I am not sure yet.

By the way, what I have discovered (or rather reconfirmed) is that all UV stick lights are ONLY effective at object cleaning, do not air purify, and they ALL are pretty much the same. They do not increase efficiency, they reduce mold and bacteria growth on what ever they are in constant contact with. A filter keeps your friggin coil clean.

Sanuvox by the way has a couple of really good pps' and videos about it's products in the contractor sections of their site, I recommend them to be viewed.

Bob Pietrangelo

Unless it's drawing "products" from a container to be dispensed, there's nothing to clean downstream air. Even if there was cleaning performed, where is the stuff "cleaned off" going. Some sort of extractor before the air is discharged?

If you read the Kansas report, it is written by what appears to be a distributor of their product. It gives intake counts well above what they list as typical, and output counts well below what is considered typical. The person writing the report does not list any qualifications. UVX probably means that their lamp emits multiple wavelengths of UV light - as do all UV-C lamps.

Think about this for a second..... There are devices that can play games with input waveforms to reduce apparent power for motors, but they only work with a single motor, and generally result in reducing the speed of the motor to more closely match what is required at the time. Anything that claims to reduce power consumption of individual devices by doing something to bulk power has got to be snake oil.

Reply to
Mo Hoaner

BOllocks, HAVE ONE CUSTOME BUILT TO YOUR NEEDS.

oZONE ISN'T GOOD FOR YOU

BY UV-X THEY ARE REFEERIGN TO A SPECTRUM OR MIX OR RANGES (I THINK)

360-380 NM ALSO DEACTIVATES VIRUSES, BACTERIAL, MOLD, FUNGIA, ETC ALL LIGHT OF ALL WAVELENGTHS DOES. JUST 253.4 - 254.9 IS THE MOST EFFECTIVE.

UV DOESN'T CLEAN. NEVER HAS, IT CAN BLEECH, DESTROY PROTIENS, INFACT ANY ORGANIC MATERIAL IT TOUCHES , SUBJECT TO EXPOSURE AND DOSAGE. YOU NEED FILTERS AND UV. UV IS LIGHT, NOTHIGN BUT LIGHT, (PHOTONS).

SANUVOX AND PHILIPS ARE RESPECTABLE COMPANIES.

Reply to
Chris

Yep... snake oil it is....

Nothing more than power factor correction... which most utilities don't charge residential customers for anyhow...

Power factor correction, for odd load scenarios in very specific circumstances... can and does save industry a few bucks. Many times, even in factories full of motors using thousands of kW of electricity, the cost isn't worth it. Utilities do PF correction on occasion to compensate for uneven system loading.. to save their own necks... but it costs them a ton of money.

Unless someone has an awfully large home chock full of motors that will produce back-EMF... and this thing only costs $25 bucks... maybe. Otherwise... to use the term aptly applied here in a number of instances... "I call B.S."...

If I have time, I'll try and call these people just for fun. I'd like them to explain their 'magic' to someone who knows what they are talking about (me, of course)....

Jake

Reply to
Jake