Good A/C Installer (Manual J) - Minneapolis/St. Paul area?

I need to replace my old central air conditioner with a new unit. The old unit was obviously too small for my house as it ran constantly, never shutting off, even on a relatively cool day in the low 80's. My next door neighbor has the same size house as mine and his A/C unit is almost twice as big.

So proper sizing, installation is very important to me as I want to get this right. So . . .

Can anyone recommend/refer an A/C installer in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area that uses the Manual J method to correctly size the new unit? Someone who is thorough, will use correct inputs, and won't cut corners on the formulas?

Any help would be very much appreciated and forgive me, Bubba, for copying much of what you posted previously. I have the same question/need that you do, only in a different city.

Reply to
Trident

Mpls has a lot of mild summer weather. There could have been a problem with the design of the ductwork and airflow resulting in very poor AC performance! Even the manuals J & S tend to result in oversizing to some degree. If you want efficient performance never oversize the system. Take a hard look at the duct system for Return Air & Supply Air leaks, insulation, etc.!

- udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

I know many good contractors in the twin towns.

Corey, he's good... Even if his Nascar Fantasy Team is beating me up... Tell him Amish Powersports sent you.

I can give you a few others via e-mail if you like...

goodluck geothermaljones st.paul,mn.

Reply to
geothermaljones