Portable AC Unit Repair Questions

Greetings,

I first should profess that I have very little knowledge in air conditioners. My wife purchased a portable AC unit from Sears for her hair studio about 3 years ago because the AC at her shop is woefully inadequate.

It's been leaking water quite a bit time to time and thought perhaps I can try a few things about on it before calling over an AC technician. Its cold air output is also not as cold and strong as it was when it was first purchased.

Can someone please tell me what are some of the common or typical reasons are that would make such a unit leak water like that? What are some of the things I can try to repair such a problem?

Also, any online resources for portable AC repair and maintenance would be greatly appreciated. I did google, but most that turned up in the queries were of HVAC repair centers.

Thank you very much for your time and courtesy.

Reply to
Holy Schmoly

"Holy Schmoly"

Some of the worst caked-up Window/through-wall units I've EVER seen were from beauty shops. They need to be pulled and cleaned properly every year without fail (possibly twice a year if your way far south, ask your service tech to advise you). 3 years of running TWO dirty A/C units (high head=maximum amps) due to inadequate maintenance of the primary A/C system? Instead of saving money by not repairing the existing system, do you realize how much money was wasted? Wow!

-zero

Reply to
zero

If changing or cleaning the filter and emptying out the water collection tub don't do it then it is time to get a knowledgeable person out there before it costs you more than a new unit to repair it.

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to

Well, the primary A/C system for the premise is not maintained nor run by my wife. It's the building owner's actually and everyone in the building have complained about the inadequate A/C.

The building is fairly new and the inadequate A/C problem was experienced by everyone from day one when the tenants moved in. So, my wife just went out and purchased a portable unit.

Heh, well, the hair studio's utility bills are included in the monthly rent. I'll follow your instructions and see if they help. Thanks!

Reply to
Holy Schmoly

Ok, will do. Thanks!

Reply to