Please give me your advice on picking the right cooling thing for Kansas City climate

Hi folks,

Somebody in the Survivor newsgroup posted that I should post my posting in alt.hvac because some of you would be expert in the problem that I am trying to solve.

I am living near KC and last summer I did sweat a lot. My wife says KC area makes anybody feel like in menopause.

Perhaps you can give me a tip what to do or what you would do to handle this feeling. I showed last summer and 5 minutes later, I still felt as if I had showed but didn't dry myself with something but dressed on a still wet body.

When I lived in Nevada, I had none of these problems. It was 100 F, and no drop sweat on me.

I don't want to sweat all summer and I am thinking of getting an air condition. I would like a portable one that I can take with me from room to room. I checked at Walmart and they had one for 340 bucks! Good grief!

My windows have funny sizes, I did not find an air condition that would fit directly, either too small or too large.

I found some portable coolers and portable air conditioners online. First of all, what is the difference between a cooler and an air conditioner?

And is there one that you would recommend?

Any other idea of staying cool and dry in a Kansas City summer?

Thanks in advance,

Gene.

Reply to
GeneCook2008

Perhaps I should add that I just want to cool one room in my house. I would have picked a cooler but somebody adviced me that this is not a good idea for the humid climate in Kansas City.

Your serious advice is very appreciated

Gene

Reply to
GeneCook2008

I don't know of anybody on here that does window shakers other than stormin moron, and he doesn't have the common sense that GOD gave a brass door knob. THe way I see it, you have 2 choices, either pay a couple of hundred(maybe) for a 1 room windoe shaker, or have a central system installed. Either way, nobody can *SEE* it through the computer screen....best you call you local

*COMPETENT*, licensed, insured, professionally trained, HVAC professional to come assess your needs. No its not gonna be free.
Reply to
Noon-Air

Go to the doc and get some hormone therapy.

Reply to
Injun Ear

You might consider a ductless mini split heatpump. Will cost a lot more than a window unit though. Rodney

Reply to
Rod

That's stumped moron, to you. Lets get it right, chief. You may call me Stoned MoonMan if you are really out of creative ideas.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Or a tube of Right Guard?

Reply to