Pirate R22

I remember a story where Einstein tried to publish a work in the US Physics press and they kicked it back citing spelling, prose, layout, etc. He just published overseas. Stupid people for the most part are not worth dealing with. The Peter Principle: People rise to their level of incompetence.

Reply to
Dhg

English wasn't his first language either, so I could forgive him and tell him to get a good editor. I have a real problem with folks who were born in the U.S. and can't speak or understand English. O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

It had nothing to do with his German language as the majority of the language of physics is Math.

Prose is a deflection from my origional comment about Politics.

I read one usenet line about a Company who uses H1B foreign workers for HVAC Customer service I believe service calls in Texas. If You or others choose not to look up then you will have to suffer the possible outcome if it happens to you. Not my job.

Reply to
Dhg

And he never had an original idea that wasn't a product of his wifes. You should pick your heroes more circumspectly.

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

Einstein's work is a product of his wife ? It's news to me. No hero just a Scientist. Once Einstein walked into an open manhole. He had flaws as he would admit.

Reply to
Dhg

His Serbian wife was the brains in that family. The dumb shit had a big crank that convinced her to pass his simple algebra exams at the Swiss Technical Academy. Ever hear what happened to his daughter...Like who paid the bills? Maybe you should read up on Lawrence of Lawrence/Livermore labs...And his brother who started the radiation lab at Berkley in roughly 1938... Oh yeah...There was a real Nobel prize award for real work that was accomplished several years prior to 1938. Einstein and his whole family were Gentile haters and used every opportunity to con the rest of humanity. If you want Jews to admire..Look to Admiral Hyman Rickover, Barry Goldwater and others who have truly earned their plaudits and not by slieght of hand.

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

I'll admit, I've never been to England. Not sure if I can or ever have spoken English.

.

I have a real problem with folks who were born in the U.S. and can't speak or understand English. O_o

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It's been 20 years since a pirates winning season. Perhaps by 22. ?? Return at 22 R22 Raise the Jolly Rodger.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

I deal with Indian tech support all the time. It can be a lot of fun for me to use my Indian accent to talk to them. I would really like to learn some Hindi and Urdu especially the curse words. I could get on a call with on of my Indian tech support critters and scream Hindi curse words at a nonexistent helper off to the side then go back to the phone and apologize for the interruption and my incompetent assistant who's parentage is questionable. I was doing some work at an auto parts store a while back and the manager was having a great deal of trouble getting a scanner to work thanks to her thick country accent not being understood by the Indian tech support monkey. I got on the phone with them and got the call kicked upstairs to U.S. based tech support which you can always request. I told the manager, "I got a White woman in American on hold for you." It took 5 minutes to get things working after that. ^_^

Oh, by the way, my college major was Physics. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Well hell, let's drag out Tesla vs Edison for Pete's sake! O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Most folks have no idea that he and a former student invented and patented an absorption refrigerator. "The Einstein-Szilard Refrigerator". Einstein was also involved with the development of a hearing aid. I wonder if he and Tesla ever crossed paths? ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Perhaps it should be call The American Language since there are a few differences between it and English. At least it's not Welsh. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:Tl6cs.16148$ snipped-for-privacy@fed10.iad:

I'll have to agree that some UK and Irish TV is hard to follow.

Reply to
Dhg

Then You should have a good understanding of Thermo. The Physics Dept does a better job with science than Engineering.

Reply to
Dhg

There is plenty of racism in the early years. I don't really care what breed they are. My view of race is the DNA trail starts with one race and when you mix a move and 20,000 years you get another. One Jewish person I admire is Carl Sagan. More human in my view. Good Books from him.

Reply to
Dhg

Americans also are not a homogenous, monolithic society, either.

Walk into a black bar, and ask "you dig?" and then ask the same question in a bar full of white construction workers.

Same deal, but ask "Show right, home?" in a black bar, and then a bar full of white realtors.

Ahm done! (Lucky, I'm not a chef. That could hurt. Ouch, hurts just thinking of it.)

.

Perhaps it should be call The American Language since there are a few differences between it and English. At least it's not Welsh. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Big cultural differences, also. I've heard that a lot of TV from there, is based on a lot of things that Americans don't understand, never had it explained to us.

.

I'll have to agree that some UK and Irish TV is hard to follow.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:vQecs.23638$ snipped-for-privacy@fed11.iad:

Mormons are not allowed to drink. Backslider. Bishop Alert. You are caught.

If you treat a Black like an Idiot they will know it if they are not. If you just use your normal language and not try to fake it they will not be insulted.

Reply to
Dhg

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:gVecs.2123$ snipped-for-privacy@fe20.iad:

I will agree with that 100%.

Reply to
Dhg

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:zCVbs.1610$ snipped-for-privacy@fed08.iad:

Typo, I mix key order all the time. Is this your comeback line ? Is this the best you can do ? Why don't you learn something about Thermodynamics ? I suggested the book Thermodynamics for Dummys. The math is light considering the subject. Even you with work and a lot of time could learn it. You are just a little primate beating his chest and the rest of this Group pays little attention to you. You have little technical knowledge of HVAC. Go take the advice of The Pros here and go learn something. I have found the answers to all of My AC questions and so I have no further need to be here. I would think you learning thermo woud make great comic relief.

Reply to
dg