Opinion on Price Please - $1900 2.5 Ton Air Handler Attic Install 7.5kw Heater

Hi, I was hoping some of you could give me your opinion on the price I was quoted for a new air handler in my 1100 sq foot 2/2 apartment in South Florida.

2.5 Ton Air Handler (Brand??) Attic Install 7.5 KW Heater Secondary Drain Pan Install Over Flow Switch (Electrical) Reconnect existing electrical and plenums 5 Year Warranty on Coils

Total cost $1900

He said it's a big job and would be about 7 hours of labor, with I'm assuming at least one assistant. (He was alone today.)

The old air handler is a Carrier from 1984 so I guess that's a reasonably long life. The outside unit is a MARS/GE from the early

2000's.

Thanks, Paul

Reply to
Paul Michaels

Price varies wildly by location. Get several more quotes. If possible find out who local friends and relatives have used and are happy with.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

You know what they say about "ASSuming"? ....and obviously, you assumed wrong. Would you feel better if 2 or 3 people were up there and got it done faster? Maybe you'd feel better if a young kid did it alone and took 2 or 3 days to install it? How did you get someone to install that so cheap? Maybe you should have got up there in the attic with the installer for about 1/2 hr or more about 3 oclock and see what you thought of that price then? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Thank you Bubba. That was very helpful.

The HVAC tech was recommended by a friend of a friend.

What you said about it being "so cheap" just confirms that I was given a fair price.

Thanks aga> You know what they say about "ASSuming"? ....and obviously, you

Reply to
Paul79UF

Reply to
Noon-Air

Maybe the question you should be asking is what are you going to do in 7 years when R-22 refrigerant becomes scarce and *VERY* expen$ive??? Will that $1800 air handler have been worth the money when you have to pay $100/lb to gas up that system??

Reply to
Noon-Air