Air Handler

Hi, We have a problem with the air handler in our home. Whenever it goes on, it often starts and stops several times in a row, with about 10 seconds between starts and stops.

When the air handler goes on, the filter is sucked up against the frame and makes a noise when it hits the frame, then several seconds later when the air handler goes off it makes a another noise when it's dropped back into its resting position. These noises are normal, but because the air handler does the stop/start routine in such short intervals it is a bit annoying.

I suspect we may just have to call a repairman on this, but I thought I'd check here first just in case.

Thanks for reading!

Reply to
FE

This is Turtle

Line the edges of the filter with duct tape to soften the noise when it snaps up and down. Also you may call a service company to see about the short cycling .

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

You might also consider an less restrictive air filter, or changing it. Sounds like an tad to much pressure to me. I think you really ought to call someone soon.

Reply to
SQLit