Oil spill:

I guess that oil spill is going to about ruin the entire eastern Seaboard. In upper central American we are being apprised that the

4.5million waterfowl that are born here migrate to southern Louisiana and we may lose most of them. How does the coast in Mississippi look? We are getting videos of Tarballs in Florida, soon to be followed by actually oil. This is a f*ck up of major proportions and the onlyfolks I can reasonably fault is the Greeners and the administrations that mandated offshore drilling in deep water when we have so much oil in Anwar and the Williston Basin. More thaen All the MR put together and virtually untouched. I expect BP will go to the wall in getting this eventually stopped. After all they owe us big time for saving BP'd ass in Kuwait and the rest of the MR. None of that oil we went to war over was ours. I wonder if those coasts will ever come back in my lifetime? It appears that we will also lose Giant loggerhead Sea Turtles among a ton of other things that live in the sea. Seems that waltwater Croc is also down the drain.
Reply to
Don Ocean

On the radio, I heard someone say the beaches are fine, it's the media that's hyping the matter out of proportion. Who to believe? The slick talkers in the media, or the dipsticks who are feeling a bit low on tourist funds?

Oil vay is mir!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

No Chris it is more serious then actually is shown, I have relatives that are oyster fisherman in Louisiana and they lively hood is gone for years to come. and is very small part what is real potential of loses for future of fisherman in /on Gulf cost and needless to say effect on wild life. You are looking at around 6 billion dollar industry that came to virtual instinction for years to come it is really bad. Not accounting beaches resorts loses from Mexico cost line to Eastern cost perhaps all the way to Delaware!

Grumpy

Estimated cost of closing off the plume and clean up alone will exceed $70 Billion. Damaged business and living coast..plus the damage to the sea's ecosystems plus the impact on land animal, fowl, plants and virtually every life form is a huge unknown cost. It will take decades and maybe hundreds of year to get some things back to normal. Some things are now gone forever. Don't take it out on BP. It is Governments and the Greeners that forbid drilling on land..Such as Anwar and the Williston. There are over 4,000 existing deep water oil rigs in operation now. Who in the Hell ever decided that drilling for oil in

5000 ft of Sea water instead of Slant drilling or drilling on known land reserves, should be shot. It is a fact that a disaster such as this had been anticipated but poo-pooed by the politicians and big money boys. It is time that the Engineers get listened to and those that ignore the warnings and get us all into this mess should be treated as mass murderers. The Eastern seaboard is a goner for the foreseeable future.
Reply to
Alexander

But of course, the environmentalsts don't want any drilling. And the current admin hates the nation, so they are glad to see the failure of business.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon