New Addition to House, Now cooling problem

I recently added a 20'X28' family room to my house. I was told that my ac unit was sufficient to cool, but during the days, 95+, it runs all day can't keep the house cool. It is a 3 ton unit. The home is only 8 years old and well insulated. Attic has insulation as well with a ridge cap vent. Attic cools down fast in the evenings after the sun goes down.

Can someone suggest a solution? I am planning on selling this home and need to get this corrected. There is a drawing of the home at

Thanks for any help

Reply to
sanfordross
  1. Was your existing A/C OK before you added the family room?
  2. If it did and not now, you may have to add a separate system for the room. There is a number of possibilities on what you can do. Asked your local HVAC contractor.
Reply to
Moe Jones

Sounds about right if a a/c that was designed for 1,300 square foot of load just grew to 1,900. (maybe 40%?)

GL Dan

Reply to
Danny G.

Your link didnt work

In case you didnt notice the math, thats 560 sq. ft. you added to your home. Thats like adding a small home to your existing home. Now, lemme guess. You have LOTS of windows in there, right? Your original house and AC system were probably working ok. You've now screwed it all up. I bet you got a great deal on it though, huh? Next time do it right and stop using "thumbs" and guesses. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Someone gave miss leading information and the short end of the job...in other terms...THEY LIED TO YOU

Reply to
daytona