Low freon vs bad fan PART 2 (family rated dialogue)

I bringing this back bacause some folks got into personal invective which doesn't answer the problem...those who read my original post will note that the fan flow decreases after it has been blowing out not-quite cool air for about 10 hours and after a rest,the fan again blows strong for a while...I,not an AC person, assume that the prolonged run due to low freon goes the fan to overheat and become less powerful ...thanx for the help so far and let's stick to the subject please

Reply to
hankus

Its real simple sport, when the coil freezes up, it won't allow air to pass and causes more freezing etc until the coil is a solid block of ice. Get your refrigerant circuit issues dealt with and leave the blower alone.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Glutten for punishment eh? Your question was stupid the first time and even dumber now. I didnt know that fans needed a rest. Prolonged run?? WTF is that? Low freon causes fan to overheat? Dumb, stupid, dumber and retarted. Stick that subject up your ass and smoke it. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

What the f*ck are you talking about? This is just a bunch of crap thinking you have. Apparently you are just another asshole know-it-all homoaner.

Go to hell.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Hal, In College my economics professor taught me the Latin phrase... "Post hoc ergo proctor hoc". It is a fallacy of assumption. It is a fictitious and unrelated assignment of cause. Literally translated it means "Post event therefore caused by event".

Your blower's operation and the refrigerant level themselves, are completely unrelated. However, low airflow and low refrigerant symptoms are related. When the system is low on refrigerant it continues to run, eventually the indoor coil frosts up. When the coil frosts up, the airflow is blocked and therefore diminished. When the system is shut off, the frost melts and when the fan initially comes back on, airflow is again normal... for a while.

The fan motor is air cooled by the return air stream. The blower is an independent component of the system. Think about it... does the airflow diminish in heating mode?

There are more possible causes of an iced coil and reduced air flow than low refrigerant, but as you described the symptoms of your system, it does appear low refrigerant is indeed the culprit in your case.

Reply to
Murdentech

The frequently rebuked original poster replies- ...I am not interested in a "peeing contest' as regards my knowledge re: AC because I have no such knowledge...BUT my observation did arrive at a LIKELIER solution (REPLACE FREON) than what AG recommended (NEW MOTOR) even though, as Murdentech describes it in this most recent post,the observation has a different cause. I thank some of the other less caffeinated comentators but especially Murdentech because he follows a logical paradigm. I presented AG with the "I'll pay you if a new motor alone fixes the problem" (as suggested by Murdentech) but AG declined. Follow up=Testing revealed low Freon!! BTW,I read a lot of n/gs but this one seems the most deranged...one of the raging posters said it best with his 'Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.'

....thanks for good advice...and,if not good advice,at least good entertainment Hal

Reply to
hankus

So what did you do about it? Did they find and fix the leak?

Reply to
Travis Jordan

hankus posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

because you didn't get the hint/answer the first time? Hmmm, I smell a luser here. Get back to me on that...

Reply to
Tekkie®

Travis Jordan posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

Heck no! He put a new thermostat on.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Coil freezes, which blocks air flow.

C'mon, you havn't called a tech to come out and fix it?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Had to be one of those new fangled digital thermos yeah?

Reply to
Oztech

Oztech posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.=20

Yeah & it still blinks 12:00 at hanky...

--=20 Tekkie

Reply to
Tekkie®