Metering device

Are there any microprocessor controlled R22 metering devices?

Reply to
velovelo13

I don't know but possibly TXV (thermostatic expansion valve).

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
formlessreflections

TXV is mechanically controlled. I want to be able digitally control the flow.

If the device doesn't exists, one way of implementing it would be having multiple parallel capillary tube circuits with each circuit controlled via a solenoid.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
velovelo13

Have ya tried Google? It actually works. Parker 625

Reply to
aka-SBM

Never heard of such a device. However, if there is a need, you should build and market them.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Thank you for proving you are not in the trade.

Reply to
aka-SBM

What are you looking for "PHD" Press Here Dummy there are some people here that can help you with that Good luck from Dido

Reply to
DIDO

Yes

Reply to
Noon-Air

Yes there are, they are generally referred to as Electroninc Expansion Valves, EXV's and they are standard application in many commercial refrigeration units and systems..They can also be bought off the shelf to match most any application.

Hope this helps,

Fat Eddy

Fat Eddy

My Dear Fat Eddy Electrical Expanssion Valve control by? "microprocessor control" or is it controlled by 24 volt and it could be used by any room temp. condesable refrigerant it does not have to be R22. At first there were manufacture by Singer corp. since then Alco and Sporlan came out with thier versions and some type of electronic board that "perhaps" could be called microprocessor controller ?! ?! either way, are not to popular in industies, even so there are applications that could be useful one valve could serve two purposes as a Solenoid and Expansion Valve. The problem is with OEM's they seem to make somethings that is useable for only one purpose and not gave user versatility or capability for more then one applications, and in some cases lacking on very inportant information like what happens to valve in case of power faileur does valve position self to fully closed postion or does it stay open, if valve remain open in my opinion it is worthless. but then agian that is my opinion. I used EXV's in early 70's Good luck from Dido

DIDO

I don't understand what you are talking about, they are very popular, maybe not tin residential units, but they are in commercial. The guy asked about a EXV controlled by a microprocessor, just about all of them are,, I don't understand what you are saying,, trust me I know what a processor. You're up against it here, and totally outmanned, don't press the argument I will embarrass you further.

Fat Eddy

Fat Eddy

Tell me, Eddy... what do you define as 'processor' controlled?

I do controls for a living, and I've retro'd a bunch of crappy HVAC systems for better performance, and MOST conventional units I've seen have CRAP for control.

Sure... it's a electronically modulated device. The key is... what is telling the device to modulate in first place? Is it a single operational parameter... a couple of them... or dozens?

A EXV taking simple feedback from a single process variable is nothing more than a fancy TXV... in my humble opinion.

Jake

Reply to
Jake

Its depends on the application, and manufacturer.... a dozen years ago I got to play with some Carrier 40ton air cooled chillers that had EXVs on them that were controlled by a bunch of thermisters and a 386 motherboard with a couple of E-Proms

Reply to
Noon-Air