Lennox Furnace 2-Speed Noise

I have a new Lennox G61Mp-48C furnace. It is a 2-spped unit. If it has been running at high speed and the thermostat has reached it's setpoint, aand the motor is switching form high to low speed we hear a bang much like ductwork flexing but it seems to be coming from the furnace cabinet and not the ductwork. Ideas?

Reply to
Scooter

yup... call the installer

Reply to
Noon-Air

hell yes I got ideas.

Reply to
gofish

Some of them are even good ones!

Reply to
<kjpro

Well it&#39;s pretty simple, find the duct thats banging and support it.

-Canadian Heat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

Did you not read his original post?

He stated "seems to be coming from the furnace cabinet and not the ductwork."

Reply to
<kjpro

You&#39;re forgetting. The simple minded Canuck fucker cant read nor understand English. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

my neighbors duck is banging my other neighbors goose

you wanna support it?

Reply to
gofish

LMAO

Reply to
<kjpro

There&#39;s the first mistake.....it&#39;s Lennox

Reply to
daytona°

Reply to
daytona°

Well hell. They only have one letter in their alphabet, EH?

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Uh-oh, looks like I&#39;ll have to give up my name to a much more deserving guy- danger the canuck. I&#39;m still the dim wit, but danger really takes the cake.

Bob

Reply to
DIMwit

we already do; its called welfare.

Reply to
DIMwit

I am not sure who posted message anyway from what I can see I would check mounting of the motor for that particular application motor should be mounted on springs to absorb shock on start and when costing down to a lower speed don&#39;t forget when motor switches to a lower speed it is like you would be applying breaks on you car so the motor should be on springs and springs should be able to take stress (shock) equally in both direction note I am using word "should" because I have no idea what you have or your furnace look like Good luck from Dido

(sorry gofish)

Reply to
AKS

posted for all of us...

Got pix? BWAAAAAA I loved it!

Reply to
Tekkie®

"AKS" wrote

Note to self....next time changing motor in furnace, stop at auto supply store and get shock absorbers for it.....

It&#39;s pretty obvious that you have no idea....

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

I&#39;ll second that!

Reply to
<kjpro

I&#39;d have to guess that a piece of metal has been flexed by the energy application of the fan blower. When the energy application is reduced, the metal flexes (suddenly) to a more relaxed state.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Bob_Loblaw posted for all of us...

I go to NAPA and I&#39;ve never seen a chart for Carrier, Trane, Lummox, I guess one must ask the counter person. I prefer Gabrials over Monroes as they have tougher welds.

Reply to
Tekkie®