I am getting a new AC/HEAT inside and out ADVICE?

I am rebuilding after a house fire. It is time to get the AC/HEAT sorted. I live in South Florida

  • Variable speed unit Yes or No
  • I will sell this house when the market returns and I have some equity in the house again so 5 to 7 years I will be living here. What Brand should I get ? What SEER to get ? Electric or Gas heat, I have both available? I am meeting with my installer on Saturday and he will install what I provide or ask him to get install quote will be the same. He gave me a baseball quote and was within 0 of the guy my contractor had qoute the job. Anything I am missing ?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Reply to
miniestate

I am rebuilding after a house fire. It is time to get the AC/HEAT sorted. I live in South Florida

  • Variable speed unit Yes or No
  • I will sell this house when the market returns and I have some equity in the house again so 5 to 7 years I will be living here. What Brand should I get ? What SEER to get ? Electric or Gas heat, I have both available? I am meeting with my installer on Saturday and he will install what I provide or ask him to get, install quote will be the same. He gave me a baseball quote and was within 0 of the guy my contractor had qoute the job. Anything I am missing ?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

-------------------------------------

Reply to
miniestate

I am rebuilding after a house fire. It is time to get the AC/HEAT sorted. I live in South Florida

  • Variable speed unit Yes or No
  • I will sell this house when the market returns and I have some equity in the house again so 5 to 7 years I will be living here. What Brand should I get ? What SEER to get ? Electric or Gas heat, I have both available? I am meeting with my installer on Saturday and he will install what I provide or ask him to get, install quote will be the same. He gave me a baseball quote and was within 0 of the guy my contractor had qoute the job. Anything I am missing ?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

-------------------------------------

Reply to
miniestate

yes

and??

Having been a Rheem dealer for many years, I am partial to Rheem, and so is Consumer Reports.

14 or better

I just put a hybrid system in my own home. 14SEER heat pump with 2 stage, variable speed gas furnace.

Yeah.... manual J and manual D calculations to correctly size the system and ductwork for your home.

Oh yeah,,,, almost forgot... "The bitter taste of a poor quality installation will linger far longer than the initial sweetness of a low price."

your welcome.

Reply to
Steve

Here's a Q:

Is it possible to get the sweet taste of a quality installation done by an over-priced beer-swilling moron?

Reply to
Existential Angst

Yes, a heat calc to properly size your replacement equipment; an evaluation of your ductwork; deliverd costs of electric and gas to name a few.

Reply to
HankG

Reply to
miniestate

acbysean had written this in response to

: Yes, go with variable speed. Much more efficient and quieter than a direct drive motor.Gas heats much better then any heat pump and or heat strip. Also look into if you can at a two speed cooling system. These are typically are called in Trane a 16i, 19i,and if you have a package unit they're called 16c. But I do want to inform you that just because it says 19i or 16i does not mean it is actually a 16 or 19 seer. The way they are tested under perfect conditions are using a 2 and or 2.5 ton. Thats where they get there seer rating and the name

16i, 19i, 16c. So if you need a 5 t> I am rebuilding after a house fire. It is time to get the AC/HEAT > sorted.

Reply to
acbysean