Hydro-air dampers manual vs. electronic

Hello folks,

Can anyone point me at a damper (manual and/or electronic) on the web?

My searches are too general.

I ask because we're going with a 1condenser/ 1A/H and then want to split that capacity as needed between two zones.

It seems manual dampers are not practical (go up to the attic everytime...?) -- and I don't see one listed on my proposal -- though the contractor says that's what's quoted. Then he said an electronic damper installed w/b ~$2500 .

I'm in the "pay too much for everything" area north of NYC. Can't move so here I am...

thanks.

Reply to
Kunta Kinte

Do yourself a favor and get two units. It is far simpler, just about any butt-crack hvac guy will be able to work on it, and when one is broken you'll still have heat/ac in half the house.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

KKinte;

Zoning can give a home owner and their family a higher degree of comfort over a single zoned thermostat.

Read more about zoning here;

It will not "fix" a poorly designed system. It will however, decrease the energy use and provide a higher degree of comfort.

It also can not compensate for undersized systems as well.

Reply to
Zyp