how to keep fan on constant?

Hello

I recently moved into a new home that has 3 conventional Carrier HVAC units. We typically leave the fan on constant at night for background noise. If I turn the fan on constant on these units the fan will "pause" for about 10 sec when the heater comes on. Is there a way I can make the fan on these units stay on constant without this?

Thanks for any help

Reply to
jawdoc

No... that pause is probably the fan changing speeds and is mechanicaly interlocked to prevent multiple blower speeds being energized at the same time. If 2 or more speeds are energized at the same time, you will let the factory installed smoke out of the motor and it can be very expen$ive to get the smoke put back in.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Reply to
jawdoc

yes to allow for different amounts of airflow for heating, cooling, and blower only.

No they are not home-owner adjustable.

If you have questions, you need to ask your installers.

FWIW, correctly sized and installed systems should be almost completely silent. You should never even be aware of the systems actually running.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Im just curious........... What did your professional hvac contractor that installed your 3 systems in your new home say? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Reply to
jamesgangnc

jawdoc posted for all of us...

220 221 whatever it takes....
Reply to
Tekkie®

Bubba posted for all of us...

"Pay up you cheap bastard" Dildo say dat

Reply to
Tekkie®

Depending on the type of stat you have they have diffent fan settings. Some have a circ feature which will do what you are stating, If it is a VP8000 thwey will have this. Check each progfram time and see how it is set. You want them all to on.

Reply to
Bob Pietrangelo