how hot can a heat pump get?

Came home to find the upstairs unit which was set to cool instead putting out heat; the thermometer read 99 (but took hours to change to

98, so i think it was much higher). by the time the repairman came, it worked fine. he checked the reversing valve and said it was fine, must be the thermostat. i am skeptical; we have had ants foul the solenoid on another unit.

any way for a layman to check this out?

thanks

Reply to
billzorn

I havent worked on a heat pump in serveral years but from what I remember, 95-105F seemed to be typical without the electric heat strips on.

Reply to
Power's Mechanical