Heat Timer ETP control panel

I have a Heat Timer ETP control panel, which controls a gas boiler for an apartment building. It's not working that well and was wondering if the circuit board can be cleaned? If not, what is the replacement model for this Heat timer control panel?

Reply to
CP

jamesgangnc

Yes you can clean the board. You will need:

5 parts Muratic Acid 2 parts Distilled Water 1 part Boric Acid 1 part Vinegar

Soak the board for 24 hrs in this solution completly submerged. Rinse with tap water Flush with pure Rubbing Alcohol Finish with a light belt sanding with 80 grit paper and the board should be good to go. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

You can purchase a new board or a refurbished board.

Reply to
daytona

Cleaning the circuit boards is easy. Just make sure it is powered up and turned on, and scrub the back of the circuit board firmly and completely with OO steel wool. (the side of the circuit board where all the soldered connections are). It is quite normal for the soldered connections on the board to get oxidized and not conduct as well.

Let us know how it goes, and post some pics!

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

How would we know, since you havn't posted the model, serial, and so on?

You could try the board in the washer and dryer. Wash with hot water, and minimal soap. Dryer on permanant press.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You wouldn't know even if he did post that stuff asshat.

Reply to
Al Moran

Shhh. It's a secret. Don't tell anyone I'm clueless, and they will never know.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You finally got one right. You are clueless.

Reply to
Al Moran

posted for all of us...

Made me laugh sorta like fundy bastard.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Stormin Mormon posted for all of us...

Don't count on it. Even Helen Keller knows it.

Reply to
Tekkie®