Goodman air with heat package.

-------------------------------------

I live in Florida and have just installed a 5 ton Goodman air unit with 10 kW heat strip. It is controlled by a Honeywell TH3000, digital, non programmable thermostat. My problem is that when the temp at night goes below 40 degrees the unit will not come on until 8:30 the next morning. Any ideas?

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.hvac - 27212 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
dwill3423

It's in hibernation mode. This should go away by early spring. If not, call and get it serviced.

-zero

Reply to
zero

dwill3423 had written this in response to

:

------------------------------------- zero wrote:

Thank you. My old unit did not do this and my Servicer has not figured it out yet. Is this a necessary process and can it be adjusted timewise? Even though we have few cold spells it is inconvienient hen they do happen.

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.hvac - 27215 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
dwill3423

Life sucks when you hire the cheapest installer, doesnt it? Id bet you didnt have a company install it. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Naw.. All he has to do is reset the timer so it gets up earlier. A good Service technician can do that for him.. Actually that is recommended.

Reply to
Patriot

:

No! It should not do that. I recommend that you charge your servicing guy for his hands on education on your unit until he gets it fixed. Especially if he/she/it is the installer

Reply to
Don Ocean

> :

It doesn't take a company or a Brigade.. A squad, or less will do just fine.

Reply to
Don Ocean