Dual Zones

Hello to those professionals out there just a question. We plan to buy a house in Houston Tx. in the near future. Most of them have DUAL ZONE cooling.

My question is "if I wanted to convert and have two systems, up and down, do you think the ducting etc would have to be replaced? What else am I looking at by doing this?

THANKS Bobbie Jo

Reply to
audit2

My crystal ball says the new system will fit with no problems!

Reply to
<kjpro

your crystal ball is cracked.

To convert a dual zone system to one with two seperate ac units you will need two seperate duct systems. One for the first floor, one for the second floor.

Dual zone means one duct system utilizing motorized dampers to switch from one zone to the next.

The BEST is two seperate systems. The CHEAPEST is a dual zone system.

Reply to
gofish

That&#39;s what happens... when they ASSUME I can see their system through my computer screen.

Reply to
<kjpro