Compressor operates intermittently throughout the day

I have a strange situation with a carrier 5 ton (1997) compressor that wants to work every now an then and hoping you can point me to some diagnostics. Inside Thermostat and air handler work fine (even in auto mode) - so I get continuous air blowing when the desired cooling temp is exceeded indoors. Sometimes the compressor will come on and run normal cycle as it should (standard operation and normal operation blowing around 52 degrees out of the registers). ---------- Here's the strange part ---- Sometimes the compressor will not kick in. This happens 2 or 3 times a day. When the compressor does not come on, I can hear the contactor/relay make the "click" and the fan blade moves about an inch. Would appreciate any recommendations on diagnosis. Maybe something related to the contactor/relay, cap or circuit board - by chance?

Reply to
mwarner

By chance, do you have a phone book? If so, look under Heating and Cooling. Locate a service company and make a call. Have them come out, diagnose and repair your system. Pay the bill and enjoy comfort all of the time, instead of part of the time. Your Welcome

Reply to
<kjpro

You may have a bad thermostat too. Id change it. Its almost always the thermostat. If that doesnt work, you may have bad frezone. Get the charge blowed out and put some new stuff in. Lastly, you could have some rotten wiring. Replace the low voltage wiring with new "electron-free" polarized shielded 24ga. It should be good as new then. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

He&#39;s right call out a HVAC company to have your system checked out.

It sounds like a safety control or even a timer opening up the control circuit.

Do it before you run into a major problem.

Reply to
Moe Jones

To me does not sound as maybe but it must likely is Tony

Reply to
Tony

Anything makes sense to the incompetent, Moron.

Reply to
<kjpro

Only s*****ad like you that make comments but no solutions

Reply to
Tony

They get what they pay for... And your posts are not solutions, they&#39;re incompetent rants from someone with (by your own admission) no experience in the HVAC field.

Reply to
<kjpro

Basics do not change and you can rant all you want

Reply to
Tony

That&#39;s why I&#39;ve posted "you can&#39;t know refrigeration, as you don&#39;t know HVAC". Not a rant, just pure and simple FACTS!!!!

Reply to
<kjpro

"That DUMBER don&#39;t come as you!!!!!!!!!" Have nice day Tony

Reply to
Tony

Have you considered writing a column for a trade magazine? "Ask Bubba" column in every magazine.

Maybe a chipmunk has made a nest in the gyrocoupler? Those newer gyrocouplers didn&#39;t have the weather shield like the good old Honewells we used to see back in the eighties. I think they even went electronic. I liked the "thunk" a good gyrocoupler made.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon (on backup com

"That DUMBER don&#39;t come as you!!!!!!!!" ???????

What the f*ck are you trying to say, Retard?

Reply to
<kjpro