carrier Crusader Furnace Trouble

I have a carrier crusader furnace model 58dhc055-ec. When I woke up this morning the house was cold but it sounded like the furnace was running. I went through the restart sequence but nothing happened. The inducer motor runs constantly without shutting off but the hot surface ignitor does not heat up at all. Any troubleshooting ideas would be extremely appreciated. Thanks in advance for any advice.

-------------------------------------

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.hvac - 26907 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
msigna

Call you favorite, local, competent, licensed, insured, professionally trained, HVAC professional.

Reply to
Steve

Go down to the furnace and look in the little peep-hole window in the burner area. Stare at the igniter and keep saying over and over, "Please igniter lite". When your house freezes and you along with it you will no longer need to worry about the flame as they haul your fozen carcass out of your home for the morgue. Pertty simple, eh? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Have Bubba come out and replace the thermostat?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It could be an electrical problem. Have you checked for that?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

.

It could be that Stormy was there earlier. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Please send 109.00 (US) to my paypal account and I'll be glad to help you out. If you send me $4000.00 then I'l hope on a plane and be right there! You're welcome.

I am the real ftwhd and I approve this message.

Reply to
ftwhd

Bubba posted for all of us...

Bubba I have to straighten you out once again; your should have read: It is because Stormy was there earlier. OK?

Reply to
Tekkie®

my bad. What the hell was I thinkin? :-) Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Bubba posted for all of us...

It rubs off from Stumped. His head vacuum tries to acquire brain activity = from=20 any source We are not comet riders so it doesn't affect us. I will be he= re=20 to help and maybe after all these years learn to proof read prior to postin= g! I definitely have a dyslexic side....

--=20 Tekkie Don't bother to thank me, I do this as a public service.

Reply to
Tekkie®

You will be assimilated.

Reply to