Carrier 58hdv100

Hello,

I installed a new furnace to my house. It works fine, but when the thermostat isn't calling for heat, the blower motor is making a noise. The noise is like a flourescent ballast. Is this normal? Also the LED blinking bright and dim but cant find what it means. All I know is that theres a code problem. Can someone tell me what the problem is? I cant find any installation guide for this particular model Eli

------------------------------------- Thanks

Reply to
chackachacka

Call Carrier thec. whatever it is, you need someone that is well familiar with that make and model. to me it sound that control does not fully shouts off on fan portion of control.

Reply to
Grumpy

You need to call the competent, licensed, insured, professionally trained installer that put it in to diagnose and correct the problem. BTW... Most manufacturers warranties are null and void on all equipment that are purchased on the internet, and/or that are not installed by a licensed professional.

Reply to
Steve

Often, the diagnostic codes are listed on the backside of the front furnace panel (s) . But youre going to need a Tech to do the repair with part, if required.

Reply to
ilbebauck

Cute, but on the Honeywell control board in my Quatro True Blue 90 alternating bright/dim is normal operation per the error code sticker. Obviously this doesn't mean that bright/dim is normal for all makes and models.

Reply to
Daniel who wants to know

replying to chackachacka, Kennykt wrote: It sounds to me like you?re hearing the hum of a transformer inside the furnace but I would get it checked by a local professional. And the ?heartbeat? signifies that the control has 24v (normal operation no call for fan)

Reply to
Kennykt