Can anyone help with a query regarding AMCA /.ASHRAE Testing Standards?

Hi,

I am a student at the University of Sydney doing research in fan engineering. We mainly test our fans here using the British standards so are not fully conversant with the AMCA test standards. I was hoping someone may be able to help with the following query.

I have some fan performance curves made in accordance with ASHRAE

51-1985 and AMCA 210-85 (tested without inlet duct and with discharge duct), but I can't work out whether the curves are based on the fan inlet or the fan outlet power.

Thank you in advance for any help anyone can give me.

Reply to
BuzzyBee

Based on this I'd say outlet. "Fan performance curves and data show how much pressure and airflow a given fan can produce at a given speed. This data is based on the system resistance (pressure) occurring away from the fan. Fan performance curves are developed by fan manufacturers based on the testing of a prototype fan fabricated based on the theoretical design."

Bill