best budget ptac for 200 ft-sq room

Not to start a religious war about PTACs, but a not-for-profit in NM on a tight budget needs twenty PTAC heat pumps for as many well-insulated dorm rooms, each 200 ft-sq. Which manufacturer do you recommend: Carrier, Trane, Amana, Fedders, Friedrich, Maytag, ... ?

Many thanks, Herb

P.S. The mini unit of Amana looks good to me.

Reply to
Herbert.Kocks

Well, being we maintain about 600 of them (GE Zonelines)...we have found that you only get what you pay for. So, to get that many PTAC's at a bargain price is not hard to do. But remember when you are ALWAYS serving them.....

told you so.

Reply to
daytona°