Air Conditioner keeps tripping circuit

At my home I had a pool installed and the electrician moved the circuit breaker for the A/C to a different slot in the panel. Since then, the circuit occassionally trips itself. There are two switches connected by a metal bracket. It seems that only one of them trips and then pulls the other one.

Could this be caused by the breakers having been moved? Or could it just be a coincidence and I should look for some other reason as to why this keeps tripping.

Reply to
ssuckler

Sounds like you need another electrician.

Reply to
B-Hate-Me

I wouldn't think relocating the breaker would cause the problem, but I'm not an electrician. Your problem probably lies in the outdoor condenser unit. Has it been serviced recently? What age? Could be many things... Must be nice to live somewhere where A/C is needed. HAHA

-Canadian Heat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

its entirely possible you need a new circuit breaker for the ac. you may also want to tighten all wiring connections on the ac high voltage circuit. make sure the ac ckt brkr is sized to the nameplate rating shown on the condenser. also, your ac may need new compressor starting components.

Reply to
gofish

Replace the breaker. Simple and inexpensive. If you still have problems, replace the thermostat. Its almost always the thermostat. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Come on Bubs, don't forget the digital equipment needed, wire, anchors, hangers, boosters®.

Reply to
Tekkie®

And them boosters® expensive................

Reply to
B-Hate-Me

What came to mind, to me. Is that if the contacts are dirty, where the breaker meets the electrical supply bar. that could be resistance, thus increasing the temperature and the amperage.

I'd call the electrician back.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I am not electrician as some other guys have posted since you have just install new pool I Would be looking on circuit overload, your pump for the pool perhaps bringing voltage down when AC try to start up causing to trip your electrician need to check line voltage when pump and AC is on.also you could be having to much of load on one leg but not enough on other. when you adding additional load on any system caution must been taken that load is balance best possible.

Reply to
DIDO