A learning tech, a question about an experiment

Don't forget to attach accurate thermometers too

So what do you use for your "quick" temperature readings?? Beer can cold??

Reply to
Noon-Air

If you hadn't come waltzing in here misrepresenting yourself, you wouldn't have the credability problems you have now.

Sorry sport, when your a certified Master, then come talk to me about it. FWIW, it shouldn't take but a couple of hours(not the 8 months you said) of study to ace the universal test for your EPA card. All that EPA card means is that you can pass a written test, and your supposed to be able to responsibly handle refrigerants, it *DOESN"T* mean that you actually have a clue of what to *DO* with them. If it takes you 8+ months just to get an EPA card, I can't imagin how long its going to take you to actually get licensed for the trade. Here the minimum requirement is 2 years of college or tech school with a certificate of completion, *and* 4 years OJT under a Master...... along with a bunch of other stuff, and thats just to get approved to take the license exam.

You mean like being in south Mississippi??? FWIW, My business is based on service, and repair..... not replacement. Replacement is is nothing more than an added bonus. You, on the other hand, might want to take a chill pill before you go running off at the mouth again.

Reply to
Noon-Air

I didn't misrepresent anything, and you're doing it again. My experience is liars always accuse other people of lying.

You're right about the refrigerant test. It's only 50 questions, which I could ace in a day. Ken says I have to be signed off by a master to take the test, or else I have to go to one of those boot camp schools in Orlando that do it in a week, which is costy. That's what he said will be in 8 months.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Noonie you are truly a retarded SOB.

snip

I give him a year and he'll run rings around your ass noonie. He's fine tuning information you never thought to question.

Reply to
Bill

Pocket laser.

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

Then you are learning from an IDIOT!!!!!!!!

The test is simple, it takes a day, PERIOD!!!!!!

There is NO week coarse!!!!!!

I'd help, but you think you are better than the respected techs here....

Reply to
<kjpro

Nope. Ken&#39;s a skilled, polite man who likes to teach, and likes to make sure his students learn what he teaches. I&#39;m not an employee -- we&#39;re friends. I have an altogether different type of job; hands on, and tools on, but not HVAC.

It&#39;s not the 50 questions he&#39;s teaching me, it&#39;s the trade. He says he wants me to be competent before I rush out and "buy" a certificate. I can go with that. When I end up working for the public, it&#39;ll be as a fill-in guy for him, and it&#39;ll be under his business license, so it seems reasonable for him to demand that before he cuts me loose.

Less... &#39;bout a half-hour. Well, OK... a day, if you say so.

Three outfits in O-town offer the "coarse" for about $2500 a pop. Four days of class, and one whole day of testing (tells you what they think of the people taking it, no?).

Nope. I wouldn&#39;t have come here asking questions if I thought that. I have better ethics than a couple of the people here have demonstrated, but I don&#39;t know more about HVAC, or by their shining examples I would have already stopped trying to learn.

It does seem that a few folks (hopefully very few) think there isn&#39;t anything else to learn after you&#39;re a master. They are the ones to fear.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Saying that you need a "week course" to get your EPM card is totally different than him wanting you to know what you&#39;re doing once you&#39;re out in the field.

Reply to
<kjpro

I never said I _needed_ a week course. I said it was the other option, as opposed to being signed off by a working master, instead of a certificate mill. I also said it was expensive, hoping to imply "compared to what I&#39;d get". I should have made that more clear. I&#39;m a lot more comfortable with what Ken will teach - with all the unplanned pop-up "whys" answered - than I would be with an outfit whose only function is to collect fees and teach answers to a specific test.

When Ken doesn&#39;t know an answer, he just says so, instead of inventing one. But he makes me find it out, and tell him what I found. Then he plays devil&#39;s advocate and tries to knock it down while he makes me try to defend it.

A cup of bad coffee and an hour in his shop are worth more than a week in Orlando.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Since when, does a working master have to sign off in order for a person to obtain a EPA card?

Reply to
<kjpro

master bater!

You don&#39;t need to go to school, if you have the hours you can challenge a gay multiple choice refrigeration exam.

You idiots think any of you would be certified if the tests were difficult?

HAHA

-Canadian Heat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

Hold your breath Lloyd and I&#39;ll get back with you on that one. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

On 18 Apr 2007 02:03:53 GMT, DANgER (dangerStill lost bubba. No clue what your talking about.

Nope, not a bit. Too bad you and your crack pipe have been working overtime for quite a while now. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

lol wot a joke sam. 6:1 aspect ratio. nice. might as well keep a cold 6-pack handy, just for a reference point....

check for calibration by pointing laser at bare skin & taking reading. I have mine calibrated to find the hotties.

Reply to
gofish

Jeffrey Lebowski

we pull a vacume for 30 minutes and see if it holds 15 minutes, then charge. lucas

ds549

You do that regardless of the size of the system?? or if your doing just the lineset and coil?? or if your doing the entire system?? Do you even own a micron gauge?? Do you install a new filter/drier every time you open up a system??

Reply to
Noon-Air

You do that regardless of the size of the system?? or if your doing just the lineset and coil?? or if your doing the entire system?? Do you even own a micron gauge?? Do you install a new filter/drier every time you open up a system??

------------------------------------- yeah we got all that stuff. biggest hvac co in louisville.

ds549

Um... I am a nooB, but I think what Noon was asking was: A large capacity system takes longer to pump down, and longer to leak up than a small system. So, if you use the same time for all systems, aren&#39;t you compromising the completeness of evacuation, and sort of gambling on the rise test?

What if this were some 50-ton chiller? Would the 30/15 regimen be enough?

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Why not start using industry standards?