Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

This is getting boring
I enjoy eating, and I enjoy paying bills. So, as long as the calls come in, I'll keep working. But, it's getting boring to clean condensors, and add freon. I don't know how many I've...
3
3

refrigerant and Freon
I'm new to Google groups. I meant, I had learn how to use it yet. There was a question about "Alternative to freon?" I post it somewhere and it didn't show up on that post. I was read about...
2
2

Silencer for ducts
I have a small pool in the basement - 8ft x 14ft x 4.5 ft deep. The pool room is isolated from the house with dedicated dehumidifier, heat and air exchange. The problem is that I don't like the...
3
3

PAC 4" to 3" exhaust
hi all.. will i have a problem running the 4" exhaust from the Portable Air Conditioner (dripless) through a 3" inch hole in the outside wall, about 12" length, using a 4" to 3" adapter? There are no...
10
10

Alternative to freon?
What do the new air conditioners use in place of freon? Does it make a difference in terms of the energy required to operate the air conditioner? Thanks, Dan
14
14

alki or acidy
I do a lot of cleaning condensors. Alkaline coil cleaner has been working well. But, I've never tried the acid stuff. What does everyone else like?
7
7

Thunder Rod
Many years ago there was a lightning rod salesman who sold mainly to rural customers. He stopped at a farm and was greeted by a woman who said she didn't want a lightning rod, didn't need a...

Split system topping-up
I have 10 years old LG 12 a/c split system, and since last year it does not cool as it used to. It is used only during summer, not for heating. I have r22 manifold, so van anyone explain how to top-up...
4
4

HVAC Information
This informative website presents building mechanical systems information in a straightforward and simple manner. HVAC for Beginners speaks to what is HVAC, building systems information explains how...
2
2

Furnance Room in Attic
------------------------------------- I have my furnance in my attic but the attic feeds from the second floor all the way down the roof line to the first floor. The attic gets really hot from the...
6
6

How dry I am!
I'm wondering if I've got enough water in my bug out bag. Well, I'm sure I don't. Started the day with a glass of soda. The glass says it's 30 ounces. Bit of water with my tooth...

Condenser coil corosion
Does anyone know of a good web-available white paper on the causes of aluminum fin corrosion on commercial air conditioning condensing units? Not coastal location related; units are in central...
7
7

Products you NEVER would have thought of
And probably didn't want to know about http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/dayinpictures?f=/g/a/2009/07/27/dip.DTL&object=%2Fn%2Fpictures%2F2009%2F07%2F27%2Fsextoy9.jpg...

Rheem switching to heat in Auto A/C mode
My A/C ( Rheem RPKA-049JAZ) will start blowing hot air while in the auto cool setting...I turn off all the power to the unit and wait 30-60 minutes...when I turn it back on, it will work for a couple...
6
6

How to change oil in a rotary compressor?
Hello, Im new to this forum. I have a brand new small R22 Fuji rotary (on/off) compressor which I intend to use for 407C and therefore an oil change to Ester type is neccesary. Can only drain oil...
51
51