Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Bryant Blower Motor Loud Startup
Merry Christmas, Season's Greetings, Happy Holidays! Anyway, I have a Bryant condensing furnace Model 340MAV on which the blower motor makes a loud/brief hum/vibration noise on startup. Startup Cap...
56
56

UV light on HVAC question
My sister-in-law has a gas, forced air, central HVAC system with an Aprilaire humidifier attached. She said that a plumber who was there fixing a kitchen faucet leak saw her HVAC system and suggested...
31
31

heater has occasional smells off and on for 5 years, can't find cause- help!
Ok, here's the story. I have an oil burner that, when it runs it sometimes has a smell. When the old furnace went bad about 6 years ago, I had it replaced but the smell remained. My guess is that it...
7
7

I wonder
It makes me kind wonder what all the top HVAC technicians are doing now that winter is here,
6
6

Adding water and necessary pressure for a sunray boiler
The boiler is old, like 1964 old. It's a sunray iv. I have heat and everything works fine. I just bought this house about a month ago. I have waterfall sounds in my rooms which is air i'm assuming. I...
3
3

oil burner furnace adjustment, combustion analyzer question
I have found such combustion analyzer movie on youtube: feature=related I have a question. Shall it be enough for home DIY periodic maintenance ? I pay $200..$300 each time I call service but this...
1
1

venstar T2800 thermostat Aux heat
installed and configuered for 1 stage heating(heat pump) on heating mode it shows aux heat instead of just heat? any suggestions how to turn tht off? The HP mode is on and I believe its on O terminal...
1
1

LIFE SPAN OF A HEAT PUMP SYSTEM
My home has a CARRIER 2-ton heat pump system. I live in southern Virginia, generally mild climate. It was installed in 1991 and is a SEER-10. It gets serviced and cleaned, regularly and appears to be...
1
1

any problems with bypass humidifier and variable speed furnace blower
I'm in the Canadian prairies...cold and dry in winter. I'm looking at getting a whole house humidifier (using a big console one currently, getting tired of cleaning the basin). I've got a two-stage...
2
2

Fan auto mode doesn't work
Please help, The system I turn to heat and Fan in auto but doesn't run as all. My central heat got 5 wires and I replaced Hunter thermostatic I did connected Green to G, Red to RC, Blue to RH, yellow...
4
4

My blower won't turn off..trane heat pump
I have a 10 year American Standard/Trane model WCX048F100A. When the blower turns on it stays on. The thermostat is set to auto. I opened up the unit on the roof when I tap on what I think is the...
3
3

Maytag High Efficiency Furnace problem
I have a Maytag High Efficiency Furnace model PGFITE120CVC (condensing) It is one year old and is 95% efficency. Worked fine last year but after starting up this Fall it is producing a fine white...
1
1

Bryant plus 90i wont ignite
inducer motor runs, igniter lites then goes out then the fan motor comes on but no flames. Any Ideas? I installed new propoane tanks and regulator. I do not hear the relay click for the valve for the...
9
9

gas fireplace inserts
Having successfully installed a DIY gas furnace which is working beautifully but without Gem=FCtlichkeit (coziness), we now need a gas fireplace insert. Does anyone have a brand to recommend? Or a...
6
6

Trane XLI 15
Hi guys can you help me. Lighting hit my home a took out my compressor on my a/c unit. Thank God my insurane company is paying for new unit. Had a repbutual trane dealer in sarasota,fl come out. I...
3
3