1960s-vintage Lennox Apartment Unit

Hey all,

I have a 1964(ish) Lennox natural gas apartment-size furnace that runs its blower constanly without regard to whether the thermostat has kicked on. The only thing the thermostat seems to control is the burners. Is this normal?

If not, what should I be looking for as a possible cause and what should I do to repair it?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks! Jason

Reply to
jason.maxey

for a 42 year old furnace??? They don't build them to last forever.

Maybe you should be looking for a replacement furnace??

Call your favorite, local, *COMPETENT*, licensed, insured, professionally trained, HVAC technician to correctly size and install a new furnace.

Reply to
Noon-Air

more info...model, elec or gas ...or what the hay

Reply to
daytona

nope.

put in a new fan limit switch. good luck finding the correct oem part however. I believe the correct terminology in this case is....... obsolete.

How many cracks n holes do you suppose there are in that 40+ yr old heat exchanger? Not worried about CO poisoning your family to death?

Reply to
gofish

If you can't tell electric versus gas from what the guy wrote, there's something wrong something wrong something wrong.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Well... I was trying to decide whether to press my landlord to replace it or at least fix it, since it's consuming electricity constantly. The other concern I have is that the exhaust is hot as blazes and the air coming through the ductwork is only lukewarm.

I think it's a safe assumption that no aspect of this unit is effecient in the least.

I'll have to see what the landlord says.

Thanks!

snipped-for-privacy@g>

Reply to
Jason

I did the Evelyn Wood Speed reading thing..............

SORRY MORM...I will read slower next time

Reply to
daytona

Not to worry. I'd guess you had a long day of trying to read capacitor values, and serial numbers of furnaces in dark cellars. Easy misteak to mayk.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Reply to
wicked