I have an adams "speed flame" natural gas furnace.

Everytime I turn my thermostat to call for heat nothing happens. I checked the volts to my gas valve and it shows that its getting 25volts ac. Could my gas valve be bad or is there something else that I could be checking? Please advise.

Reply to
Anonymous

If you have 25 volts at the gas valve it should be energized. Do you smell gas or hear a hissing sound? If you do turn the unit off please, don'tblow your house up. If not check the knob on the gas valve and see if it is actually in the on position. Do you hear a sparking sound indicating the pilot is trying to ignite? If the valve is on and you are not getting any gas through it, the valve is bad.

Reply to
stanhvac1