I cant find a bracket long enough to support my closet rod what else can be used?

I just put up a closet rod it is about 7ft long and there is a small peice of the wall that comes out futher than the other part. so the rod is about 15 1/2in from the back wall, i cant find any brackets long enough to reach the rod. Every store that i have searched have a basic 10-12 inch bracket. Is there something else that can be used? just for some support for the rod?

Reply to
Christina:)

Make your own out of wood or steel angle-iron. It's just cut, drill and bolt together. Or, you can use a threaded rod from the ceiling.

Reply to
Anonymous