home fire damaged insurance adjuster basing restoration price on

Fire destroyed my home, onlty shell left standing. My ins. adjuster came back with a forty page breakdown of costs to replace....He used quotes for blueboard throughout????? Used to be blueboard was the cheapest way for fix up and certainly not the quality way....All his quotes on everything are ridiculously low as is expected and I assume they wouldn't want to insure a house that was constructed of their recommended materials. However, how can I confront these quotes. Is there a per sq.ft. price for for good quality replacement board???????? And is there a per sq.ft. construction cost for quality replacement????? Say in Los Angeles it may be $375/sq.ft., in Alabama it wuld be less because of labour costs. I live in Lexington, Ma. I need help battling these people....Thanking anyone in advance..........ingrid

Reply to
ingrid

If you aren't doing the re-build, then who is should be hammering out the deal and not you. If you are doing the re-build, then you need to simply but tediously offer alternatives. The Adjuster put in a lot of work and so do you.

- Although, I'd price-out going with a pre-fab replacement. Considerably less, very much better in everyway and the ordeal's over fast. But, the type of drywall doesn't matter, as long as it's installed Parallel to the framing members and the few unsupported ceiling seams are back blocked.

Reply to
Anonymous