Can cypress be used as post without being treated? The soil is sandy

Hi, I'm building a frame for a pergola over the deck. The deck is on blocks at ground level. I bought full 4 in x4 in x 12 ft. cypress post. I was planning on setting them 2 ft in the ground... is this ok or should I buy 4 x 4 treated post. I'm concerned about the cypress post lasting without being treated.......I need all the help I can get. I'm new to Florida .....Thanks Denny

Reply to
Denny