Subject Author Posted Replies

Runner Beans
This year we are having trouble with loads of sparrows pecking off the flowers of our beans we have never had this problem suggestions as to what we can do please we would be so grateful Thanks
3
3

Pick tomatoes green?
As posted earlier, my tomatoes this year are a disaster. Something got in them, probably brought home from nursery. That's what I get for buying plants instead of growing from seed. Fatal delay?...
11
11

Gardening Checklist
Hi everyone! I'm a total newbie to gardening... so I'm always on the lookout for any tips and the like I can get my hands on online. This forum is a great help and I also love to share helpful stuff...
2
2

Black Rose
Hello members... How are you all ??? What are the basic requirement for growing the black rose at home... Please help me...
3
3

Can this quince tree be saved?
Or, put it a different way, is quince rust a death sentence for a quince tree? I've planted this quince tree 5 years ago, ordered online from some nursery I cannot remember the name of. The next year...
8
8

Poorly Camellia
Hello. I am new to gardening so please be patient with me! I have this camellia tree which was in my front garden. It is absolutely beautiful but I wanted it moved to my back garden. I consulted a...
3
3

lilac leaf curl - what is it and how to treat it?
hallo, bought lilac last year, it had two flower spikes then developed leaf curl - see picture. is it normal or should i treat it with something? thanks karaman...
1
1

Dark foliage
Have often wondered how plants with dark foliage, like the dark red canna, handle chlorophyll. Wikipedia has a long article; this is the first graph: Chlorophyll (also chlorophyl) is a green pigment...
37
37

Out of control grape vine!
In April of this year, I noticed some grape vines in the bargain bin at the grocery store. Just out of curiosity, I looked at them, and found one which had two buds which were closed but firm (neither...
18
18

scale on fig trees in a greenhouse
I guess that cheap orchid brought scale into my greenhouse where I keep my fig trees. I have 9 trees in there, lots and lots of leaves and I am not going to clean each one with isopropyl. Does anyone...
4
4

Huge oak tree in neighbour's garden
My neighbour has a huge oak tree literally on my boundary fence. It's so massive that it takes all light from the middle section of my garden. The trees on my side (an apple and rowan tree) are...
16
16

Buddleja davidii Butterfly Ball
A while back the RHS Plant Finder included a Buddleja called Butterfly Ball. In book this is variously described in books as a white or a blue flower. Anybody grown Butterfly Ball or remember seeing...

Moving Lilies, when and how...
I think they are Tiger lilies or Oriental lilies. Grow in bushes, seem to like shade to part-shade, they grow grow grow. Seem hardy enuf to move now. I want to move the bushes to under some rose of...
1
1

Little Mickeys
I want to plant some kind of sturdy bush along a short (1 1/2 ft high) rock wall. A friend has recommended "Little Mickeys". Googling didn't supply much info. I would like to make these plants into a...

all dude flowers on my zuke
Yes D
4
4