Subject Author Posted Replies

Let me try this again: Lucky Bamboo; Tropical Plants
What does it generally indicate when a "Lucky Bamboo" plant turns yellow on some parts (the top of a stem); it srated developing this color change when I put it outside, but no in direct sunlight....
1
1

"Lucky Bamboo"
I have a lucky bamboo plant that, since I have been leaving outside, has been turning yellow in color. What does this mean? Also, concerning the tropical plant in general, if the leaves are turning...
7
7

Hi I'm New / Gravel & Slate
Hi I am new here. I am a total newbie to gardening as well : ) I have a small garden (approx 25ft by 20ft) some of which is decked. At the bottom of the decking we have grass but after getting in a...
3
3

Bees
And the hits just keep on coming. More on our pollenating friend. Hard winter for honeybees Local beekeepers attribute unusual loss of hives to strange disorder, many other factors
36
36

Drip Irrigation, Which is Better?
Ok.. After the feedback on the bed prep I'd decided to cut back greatly on how much I'm putting down and to just layer in some good peat and manure before I till it all in after the initial kill off...
6
6

How soon can one dedhead Inca Lilies
As soon as they have finished flowering they start dying, and spoiling the looks of the bed. As they are self-seeding, I don't want to deadhead them too soon. How can I be sure they have finished...

Horseradish in Containers?
I love horseradish.. Just love it.. Not that crap sauce that's mixed with mayo.. The good stuff that's blended up into a spicy paste. Mmmmmmmmmmm. Anyway.. Since it seems invasive I was wondering if...
9
9

Begonia Tubers
Hi, I have grown begonia tubers for my hanging baskets for the last few year and to start them I put them into individual pots in soil from a peat based grow bag and they grow great. I have just...
5
5

Landscaping with Roses
Roses have many uses in the home garden, both as standalone bushes and climbers and as part of an overall landscape of plants and flowers. The newest thinking in landscape gardening is to combine...

Enjoying The Eclipse?
Ok, who's spending time outside marveling at the wonders of the total lunar eclipse? I was till full, with my 2yo son but them came back in.. Was too cold. Still fun though.. He spent the 15 minutes...
10
10

Vinegar may be a potent weed killer
Wherever possible, I prefer to find organic solutions to garden problems. Several readers have asked me about using vinegar to eradicate weeds. QUESTION: "I am looking for some info on organic weed...
6
6

Ping Billy The Water cure 1902
Take a step forward and then two steps back. Manifest destiny my ass. What goes around comes around around and around. Neil young BTW just said music won¹t change the world a few days ago. Bill...
16
16

Recommendations on online merchant for blueberry bushes and grape vines?
Having trouble finding a good source for blueberry bushes and grape vines online. Granted, there are several but it's hard to tell who to trust. Any recommendations on who to buy from? Also, kinda...
19
19

OT-wisconsin, hawaii and the state of washington
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!

Organic Vegetable Gardening - Important Aspects
Organic vegetable gardening is not only an engaging hobby, but it is also healthy and totally rewarding. If you plan carefully and get all necessary supplies, your jaunt into the world of organic...