Subject Author Posted Replies

Unlocking the secrets of drought-hardy gardens
Here's a good article about gardening in drought conditions. Texas Co-op Power delivers the best of Texas culture—people, food, travel, and energy news—to 1.6 million electric cooperative members...

Fertilizing roses
Have to confess, fertilizing is one of my weakest areas, garden-wise. Ex: Always afraid to fertilize roses, too soon after pruning. Pruned late January. ISTR wait till first buds appear? Or? Wd...
5
5

Some happy view...
Big snow coming to The Catskills, and has already started... So some happy view... I see deer every day, all day, often herds. In fact I see all the critters... if there's food for them, you'll see...
2
2

Scientists lie?
Who would have thunk it? New data shows that the “vanishing” of polar ice is not the result of runaway global warming
40
40

Snow in Poland
Hi, there is snow in Poland, in Warsaw. Please let us know if in your countries there is a possibility to see snow? :-)
1
1

Ping David E. Ross: rain!
Hi David, I caught this on the National Weather Service's web site: "Heavy rain, strong winds expected across Pacific Northwest and northern California A weather system tapping into subtropical...
12
12

Spring Guide To Sowing Vegetables and Harvesting Infographic
Hello Guys, With spring around the corner I have just come across this infographic which may be of interest to you, the link has been added below: 'Spring Guide To Sowing Vegetables and Harvesting' (
4
4

Best Stupidmarkets
Unlike most things, food actually does grow on trees, but often we skip the harvesting and head straight for our local supermarket.

Vines for a 1m high wall
Hi. We've recently moved into a new build house with a garden. After both of us living in flats our entire lives, this is our first ever garden. The space is app 18x14 metres but part of this is taken...
5
5

What is this stringy weed in my ice plant
I live in Southern California. This stringy weed has invaded my iceplant and I do not know how to get rid of it. it is unsightly and creates mats. It is so badly interspersed with my regular ice plant...
2
2

"All the tea in China"
Recommend book: "For All the Tea on China" by Sharon Rose. Ultra colorful book how in mid-19th Century the British Empire in India sent botanists into unexplored midst of China to "steal" their best...

"For All the Tea in China"
Recommend book by Sharon Rose. Fascinating story of how in mid-19th Century the British controlling India sent botanists into the unknown "heart" of China to "steal" the finest Chinese tea to...
14
14

tom-tato?
When kindergartners are taught to plant beans with just blotting paper and water even five year olds quickly learn that once germinatiom occurs (in darkness) plants receive most of their growth energy...
27
27

Chlorinate rain water?
Managed to save 2 trashcans full from our recent welcome rains. Plan to use them for potted plants, indoor & out. They are SO much happier with clean sky water! You folks that get rain don't realize...
21
21

narcissus bulb question
Daughter in law gave us a few forced narcissus bulbs for the holidays. When flowers are gone can these be planted outside, Northern DE? If so, at what point? Crockett Victory Garden book says he just...
5
5