"All the tea in China"

Recommend book: "For All the Tea on China" by Sharon Rose. Ultra colorful book how in mid-19th Century the British Empire in India sent botanists into unexplored midst of China to "steal" their best tea for trans-plantation in India

Fascinating period b.g. plus more than I ever knew about growing, harvesting, preparing tea -- esp. under slow, difficult gathering/shipping conditions of the era.

I have been drinking Chinese green - "Emperor's Tea" top of the line, Taiwanese high mountain grown.

Interested to know what others favor -- and whether anyone actually grows tea.

HB

Reply to
Hypatia Nachshon