You KNOW it's too darned hot when...

one go bad.

i was just wondering about the ten minute simmering point.

I do not think it is about going bad, the vinegar will alone will do it's jobs. Pushing out the extra little bit of air, I would think, may or may not improve the color and texture of the pickles. But I am not sure. Most books I have read uses a ten minute BWB at the end of processing. Thought that may be the simmering point.

Reply to
Nad R

I know you asked the question of David, but I'll chip in. If I was packing hot pickle type product into hot sterilised bottles, I wouldn't bother.

Reply to
FarmI