When do you know it's time?

I still have my day job in the corporate world but have tinkering more and more with my side business as the days go on. Hopefully one day, this "hobby" will become a reality and I'll be able to leave the soul-wrenching hell that is corporate America.

Curious when you guys decided to commit to your contracting business? What changed in your life that you felt like it was the right time to go out on your own?

-------------------------------------

-- FastenFinder.com (coming soon!)

Reply to
jaymelone

Generally one turns the part-time side business into the full-time main business when the side business is returning both enough to properly support the person, and is returning more than the main business.

Reply to
PeterD

jaymelone wrote the following:

My major job had no satisfaction. What was done one day was repeated the next, ad infinitum. On my days off I started working with a general contractor as a carpenter. It was such a joy to finish a job and stand back and say, I built that! I learned enough to help build my own house, working for the same GC, and getting paid at the same time. If I were 40 years younger, I would do it all again.

Reply to
willshak

When I got laid off from the Drywall Company I worked for..Been doing side work(CASH) for years and when I got laid off I went on my own....Now I work for myself...It was time anyway..I only stayed with them that long for the benefits...Wife has good health insurance so now it's not a big deal....HTH....

Reply to
benick

? "benick" ?????? ??? ?????? news:Lc2dnRdB_OKrn8vWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@neonova.net...

Split Mirrors-The right time one of my favourites '80s tracks.

began working on my own, since I learned enough as an apprentice to be independent, I worked in a company that did deep well pumps and public site jobs. Before that, I worked in my aunt's white goods company (washing machines, refrigerators and the like). The problem is to learn how to work on site, information you can get neither in a book or in college (how to mix cement, fit boxes and the like).

Reply to
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios