where to purchase a cactus

Hi Guys,

I have asked my local nurseries and the closest thing they sell to a cactus is a yucca.

I have looked on line with not so good result.

Anyone know where I can buy a specific kind of Prickly Pear Cactus called "Opuntia Streptacantha Lemaire"? (It has to be that one. No subs..)

Many thanks,

-T

Reply to
Todd

The Cactus Store

Reply to
Billy

Thank you!

Reply to
Todd

I've been looking for a nice "old man cactus" for months now. My previous one gave up the ghost and died. I guess it was really older than it looked.

Reply to
Natural Girl

Is this it?

you been eating its fruits and pads? Over harvesting?

I have noticed that my hollyhocks will only grow in the same spot for about four years, then their seeds will just sprout and die.

My zucchini got really mad at me last year when they figured out what I was doing with their offspring. Gave them a real freight. Stems and leaves stood straight up. I think I might have heard them accuse my parents of not being married when I walked by. It may have been the wind.

:-)

-T

Reply to
Todd

Hi Natural,

I have an "Uneducated Theory": I think if you grow certain plants over and over in the same spot, they eat up (deplete) some specific nutrient(s) from the soil and eventually starve to death and won't reseed.

So far, I have tried adding compost to the dead hollyhock spots, without success.

-T

Reply to
Todd

whut fruits and pads?

oh no! They died? Did they re-incarnate themselves?

{snicker}!!!

Reply to
Natural Girl

It would help to know your location.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Hi Chris,

Northwestern Nevada. But, I have found two source of seeds now.

-T

Reply to
Todd