What to do with Nanking Cherries?

I have a lot of Nanking cherries. What can i make from them? I am interested in making pastries. Can I make pies out of them? Thank you

Reply to
Joseph A. Zupko

Googling on

"nanking cherry" recipe

yields the information that these fruits, 'though edible, are inferior for many culinary purposes. I found mention of wine and jam/jellies, and the possibility of using "sour cherry" recipes for pie.

Reply to
Frogleg

I've made very nice tarts from Nanking cherries.

Reply to
Andrew Ostrander