What's that sticky stuff on my roses?

I noticed this morning that there's a clear sticky filmy stuff on my roses. If you touch the leaves it will stick you. They look fine and healthy. I sprayed them last week with miraclegrow. I fed them from top to bottom just the way the instructions said. Did that leave a film?

Thanks.

Reply to
ted

Possibilities:

Slime trails from slugs

'Dew' from aphids

Dave

Reply to
David J Bockman

It may be "honeydew", a substance excreted by insects. Look closely for signs of scale or aphids. sed5555

Reply to
Sed5555

Sounds like a symptom due to aphids. Carefully examine the growing tips. I found that roses grow best with organic fertilizers, alternating every 2 weeks (composted cow manure, composted chicken manure, fish emulsion, seaweed, compost, etc.).

Reply to
Phisherman