Unwanted grass

My lawn is Kentucky blue grass ,but I have fairly large areas of some kind of grass that's lighter in color ,its a finer blade and it kind of lies down instead of being upright,I have tried overseeding the last couple of years but it doesn't help,the areas seem to get larger every year.I think my only solution is to use a product like Roundup and reseed ,any suggestions, I live in Wisconsin,Thanks

Reply to
Tony Pacc

Sounds like you have an infestation of common bermudagrass, sometimes known as wiregrass. Many people do not think bermudagrass will survive in northern climes, but some varieties do quite well, thank you.

Reply to
Kewpie