Will Buffalo grass start in existing lawn?

Hey all!

It's about that time of year, when overseeding and such is being done. My lawn was a nice shade of brown for most of the year here in Calgary (zone

3A) because of the lack of moisture and some fairly high temperatures.

I was thinking about adding some buffalo grass to the lawn since it take a bit more for it to go dormant.

If I overseed my fescue/kentucky lawn with buffalo grass seed, will the buffalo grass come in?

...still trying to figure out what I can do to have a nicer lawn without having to resort to lots of watering or chemicals, etc.

Thanks!

Reply to
Phrederik